Back In Missouri

Christmas break is over for me. I arrived back on campus on Sunday night, but that’s a story for later.

Sunday morning, the lower floor of the new building opened, and as impressive as the steeple is, the facilities downstairs are unbelievable. The choir room is massive and the youth suite is definitely much more modern-era than the facilities I grew up around. Parkway’s youth center consisted of one trailer out back of the church with two couches that smelled like pee, eight folding chairs that no longer folded and the wonderful aroma of small animals that crawled under the trailer and routinely died. But the new phase is great for the future of the JCBC youth group. Cool stuff always attracts people and that’s the first goal of any youth group. Add in an awesome youth minister like Jim Walls and the youth group can’t really go anywhere but up.

After church Sunday morning, I went to the airport and boarded my flight to St. Louis. The flight was extremely turbulent, although we landed in Missouri about 15 minutes ahead of schedule, allowing me to get a ride into Columbia an hour earlier. There was about a foot of snow on the ground and it was pouring rain as I arrived back on campus. So I was glad to get up to my room and get warm and dry. I got out my key and promptly put it in the lock and it only went in halfway. I pushed it and it still didn’t go in, so I dumped my bag in Darz’ room and went down to the front desk to get a spare key. That one didn’t go in either so I had to wait 45 minutes for the “Emergency Facilities & Maintenance Team” to arrive and fix the lock. So after an hour back on campus, I got into my room.

Monday was MLK Day, so I slept in until 10 o’clock, grabbed some lunch then headed to the gym. I spent about an hour shooting around, then joined in a basketball game and we played for three hours or so. I grabbed a Powerade then did some light running to cool down.

Tuesday was my first day of classes, and this semester will see Tuesday being my easiest day. I have only two classes, Media Communication (TR, 11.00-11.50) and Business Management (TR, 12.30-1.45). So Tuesdays will allow me to sleep in a little and finish by two. Tomorrow will see me in a English class (MWF, 10.00-10.50) Geography (MWF, 12.00-12.50) and Finance (MWF, 2.00-2.50). I’m looking forward to all of my classes this semester and we’ll see how the GPA responds to that enthusiasm.

Tomorrow features a return to RHA and Comedy Wars, two of my favorite after school activities here. I got to bed by 11.30 last night instead of 1 or 2 so I’m more refreshed than I’ve been in awhile.

I’ll update more later, and other than my daily prayers for Uncle Tom, that’s about it for now.


Posted on January 29, 2007, in School. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: